A match made in heaven

8th Jun 2023
David Gregory

Valentine’s day; the day of love, traditionally known for celebrating relationships, and love for people. At Brand Vaughan, we love property, but we also find great joy in matching people with property. Finding your dream home is similar to the elusive search for “The One”. The more you think about it, the more you’ll see the similarities between finding the right person and the right property. Both take time, patience, effort, and even a few heartbreaks before you can settle down and commit.

Below we have compared the similarities between property and relationships, to provide advice and insight on how you find your dream home.

What you see online isn’t always what you get

Whether it’s a home or a person, you can only tell so much from looking at photos. Online property photos are like online dating profiles – sometimes what you see isn’t what you get. But, just sometimes those properties which might not look so appealing online turn out to have incredible character and end up being better than expected. Always keep an open mind and consider the potential in those with some flaws – not everyone is perfect.

Likewise, carefully check the descriptions. They could offer hints and tips about the property that you might not be able to gather from the photos.

You know what you want, but you need to compromise

When it comes to finding the one both in property and in love no house or partner is perfect. This is why it’s important to know and understand what you really need versus what you would like.

You might be following a set of standards when you’re just starting to date – tall, dark, handsome, paired with a good sense of humour. Dating someone for their looks alone might be fun at first, but without substance, the relationship won’t last. The same is true when you’re looking for your next home. You might have fallen in love with a house because of its open plan kitchen or a large garden, but it doesn’t have that third bedroom you desperately need.

Its important you understand your ‘must haves’ when searching for a property or a partner, there’s no point tying yourself into a long term commitment if you’re simply not going to be happy in the future . However, a good partner like a good homeowner is flexible, and will see the potential within that person or property. If you find the one, who meets at least 85% of your requirements, you might need to compromise with the remaining 15%. You never know... You might end up loving that 15% in the future!

You might have to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince

Like relationships, buying a house is a huge commitment and you shouldn’t rush such an important life decision. The reality is that finding ‘The One’ is most likely going to take time and effort. Viewing property after property can seem very time-consuming, and if you find one that you like enough to put an offer in, you also need to be prepared that you might experience some heartbreak. Good things come to those who wait and are patient, but trust the process. If you’re strategic with your house hunt with the help of an experienced estate agent who will negotiate on your behalf, you’ll be able to find the right home at the right time. There’s someone/something out there for everyone!

The perfect wingman

The most successful dates always involve a wingman. Trusted to have your back in the dating game, here at Brand Vaughan we would like to think of ourselves as your very own property wingman, helping you secure the property love of your life. Whether that’s helping your property look its best for the online listing or introducing you to ‘The One’ we can give you the confidence and support to find your dream home.

Think you’re ready to find ‘The One’? Speak to our friendly, expert teams today to get your search started.